Sunday, March 25, 2007

Race Reports are Stupid

This weekend was great, and I learned a lot. I just can't bring myself to write a race report. It's not that I'm particularly displeased with the way things went. It's not even that I couldn't find an amusing spin to put on things (I fooled myself into attacking too early on Saturday, then today I sprinted to win the bunch sprint, only to hear the bell for 1-to-go)

Much respect to BeastMaster, who has transformed my rides these past two days from races into base miles. That needs to go into the blog. Also, respect to Rich for his solo D win and to Alex for his great sprint for 4th in the B's.

But gah, who wants to hear about my race? It's late March, and most of my audience is already racing anyway. Here, you want a race report? Chris attacked. I blocked. I sat in. I went. It was over. Woooo! Honestly, though, I really dd enjoy myself, it's just that race reports start to get monotonous, you know?

What was unique about my weekend was the coffee shop at turn #5 today. Every 2 minutes, the field passed by, and we had a perfect view of the unfolding drama. 53x12Will had a great idea, which I implemented.

LiveUpdate!

Will, by the way, got 19th.

Life is good. My team is awesome. C racers need to learn how to corner. Every Army rider needs to downgrade 1 category. To Harvest Moon for celebration!

No comments: