Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Conversation with a Late Night DJ

I've long considered Milky Manchester a friend... in fact, I was going to write a man-crush post about him before someone scooped me.

He's good people, but I've never really been sure of his musical taste. His Karaoke performances over the past 18 months have covered such a wide variety of genres that it's hard to guess what he actually likes.

Recently, I was made aware of Milky's radio show, airing every Sunday night on The Core (90.3 FM, more commonly known as RLC-WVPH Piscataway). Listening to the webcasts, it has come to my attention that his taste in music is fantastic.

I highly recommend Milky's show, Interstellar Overdrive, to anyone who has ever listened to music, or ever plans to.

Well, wait. I cannot, in good conscience, make that recommendation without also telling this cautionary tale:

It is fun to chat with Milky during his broadcast, via the station's request Instant Messaging technology. It is also fun to make requests, as its very title encourages us (the audience) to do. I've taken the liberty of publishing the transcript of our most recent conversation, entirely without Milky's permission, because goddammit this is a travesty:

TheNinjaDon: i am thoroughly enjoying the set thus far. please continue with the rocking!
C O R E requests: thank you kind listener
TheNinjaDon: also, if possible, a little Night Ranger never hurt anyone
C O R E requests: it's possible night ranger kicked someones ass at some point, but doubtful
TheNinjaDon: when played properly, Sister Christian can cause permanent damage to the eardrums and cochlea
TheNinjaDon: but that's not intentional
C O R E requests: i was gonna play night ranger next but I dont have any

I'm sorry, but

Althought I suppose it's not a fail if you aren't mindlessly obsessed with Night Ranger's "Sister Christian". In which case, tune in next Sunday!

No comments: