Friday, February 09, 2007

Things that Get to Me

1. Having a coach who lives in Texas and has a Sugar-Momma.

Don:
"can't go outside today, riding the trainer instead. i want to ride 400m uphill, but i'm thinking that instead, i'll just do 60 or 90 sec in the saddle in a big(ish) gear at a low(ish) cadence, and that'll be my hill interval."

Coach:
"That works. Why can't you go outside?? Man, it's 75 degrees here...so nice!!!"

2. The coffee shop in the student center. They're overpriced, but more convenient than the cheaper coffee in the convenience store. Also, the convenience store coffee tastes better.

Most importantly, though, the coffee shop does not serve enough coffee. In case any of the coffee shop employees are reading this, I will address this to them: I understand that some wasteful people spill a bit out if you fill the cup to the brim and they want to add milk. Fine. They're not, however, going to spill out 1/3 of the cup, so please don't serve me 2/3 of a cup of coffee.

I got clever, though. I started asking for black coffee. Now I get 3/4 of a cup.

3. Undergrads who don't listen and don't follow directions. 'Nuff said.

No comments: