Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Big Daddy ROCKS

Having survived today's workout-of-doom, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's recovery day. A brief summary of the ride:
  • 50 kilometer "warmup", including 20k of 4-man pacelining to try to make it home in 25 minutes (we were late, but only a little). Big props to BeastMaster and SpikyHair for the massive pulls
  • 5 sprints in the Hermes Miss-N-Out. Worked my tail off, got worked over by HermesCraig, was eliminated... or, rather, The Devil took me when I was the Hindmost. What a stupid name for a race.
  • 20 sprints behind the remainder of the race. While they did their tactical nonsense, I was sprinting 2x per lap. Hooray. SpikyHair beat HermesJenks... which just might knock Jenksy down a peg?
  • 25 sprints on the deserted, well-lit, well-paved road behind my apartment. In the dark. Among the various fauna of Busch campus (deer, cats, and inexplicable old Asians)
It ended up being something like 60 total miles, about 3.5 hours. Lots and lots and lots of sprinting. Yowie kazowie.

So tomorrow I'm recovering. Maybe an hour on the rollers, turning such a tiny gear that I may risk crashing. But Coach also wants me to get back in the gym... for good reason, too, as my core leaves much to be desired.

Here is my plan for the gym... Core work is probably important, and I guess I should do squats or something, but everybody knows that there's one thing that drives the ladies wild: Biceps. Also, SRAM components.

So I'm going to wear a sleeveless t-shirt, both to show off my massive guns and to prominently display my developing tan-lines. I'm going to grab some dumbbells (2lbs, or 5lbs if there's girls watching) and saunter over to the mirrors. And then I'll start curling.

Each curl will start with a grunt. I'll use my back, wrenching the weight upwards with the force of a mighty gorilla or typhoon or something. My positive self-talk will be out loud, and I'll exclaim "Big Daddy Rocks!". Finally, for the coup de grรขce, when the massive dumbbell has reached its apex, I'll reach my arm up towards my face and kiss my bicep, rewarding it for a job well done.

Repeat with the other arm. 2 sets of 8 reps. Go big or go home.

4 comments:

Will said...

Just remember, it's not a workout unless you herniate something.

TheJenksster said...

No excuses, play like a champion.

But it didn't knock me down a peg. I still know I'm the fastest.

Mandy said...

don't forget to wear your sweatband. the pink one

TheJenksster said...

Whoa, I thought it was pretty cool that Litespeed commented on your blog. But Mandy Lozano? Awesome cubed!