Sunday, May 13, 2007

Anyone Get the License of That Truck?

This is a familiar hurt, and there's comfort in that. Every race is different, but somehow every race leaves me feeling the same. This drained feeling, the all-around ache. Surely the pain would be worse if my races were longer, but I wonder if the intensity might be the root of it. Am I built for the shorter races?

I'm not the type to do things the easy way, which is probably why I have a Singlespeed with no suspension. Anything worth having is worth working for, right?

So it hurts. Up hills, down hills. I swear to god, every time I close my eyes, I see the rock gardens, my tormentors. Unrelenting rocks in an unrelenting race.

Mistakes were made. A wrong turn or two. That's racing, isn't it? It would've been nice to podium, but that's just not the way it turned out this time. "Deserved" and "possible" are just words.

I'm sorry if this post as been more abstract than usual. The point is, I'm so very much over it, and I can't wait for the next race!

No comments: