Friday, July 13, 2007

Worst. Karaoke. Ever

There needs to be an "undo" for karaoke nights. Or a way to bribe the bouncer to keep certain people out of the bar.

Maybe it would've been better if anybody but me, Will, and Jay had shown up (I'm talking about cyclists. It was a pleasure to have Dani and BeardedMegan for company). Or if the Johnson and Johnson d-bags had been able to appreciate the performance of anyone who wasn't from their group.

Fortunately, Will and I rocked so hard ('Shout' and 'I Want You to Want Me', respectively) that the bar couldn't help but rejoice with us. Rocked, my friends.

For the first time EVER, we made the decision to pull the plug early. Like a DNF in a bike race (yes, it all comes back to cycling analogies), it was a necessary evil, a decision made for the right reasons but questioned interminably thereafter. We left the bar just after midnight. I got food at the 24-hr Dunkin Donuts.

I regret nothing...

...except singing 'Do You Love Me'; never again.

No comments: