Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Ohm me, oh my

I went to yoga tonight. It hurts to walk now. God, I love yoga. I was one of 5 guys in a class of 30. There was a hot girl in front of me, a hot girl behind me, a hot girl to my left, and a septuagenarian to my right... but to her right was a hot girl.

Also, every muscle from my eyebrows to my toenail-flexors got a good stretch, which I sorely needed. The core workout was really good, too. In summary, this was quite the training session.

The downside, along with seeing the old lady doing downward-facing dog, was hearing the granola-worshipping, overspiritualized hippie mumbo-jumbo that inevitably accompanies an otherwise awesome yoga session...
  • Direct your breaths to your tension
  • Put your heart-print on the ceiling
  • Let the backs of the knees shine through
  • There is no ego in yoga
The last one at least makes sense, even if it's totally false. The instructor, who I've known for years, said "if you're comfortable, you can try X"... and no matter what, I would try X... at which point she would suggest Y, and subsequently Z, and so on.

When we did headstands, I whipped out the scorpion.
This is not me. I am a dude

It's been a year since I last tried yoga, and I can still pull off the scorpion. Hell yes.

6 comments:

megA said...

dude

you are such a closeted hippie. it's okay to let your heart-light out and shine on hippie brother!

heh

xo
m

Will said...

if I tried to do the scorpion, my back would fissure into a thousand pieces of bone and I would, quite non-metaphorically, die.

+1 for Don's Scorpion
-48 for doing sissynancy rides

Unknown said...

Ok now we need to talk about your ISSUE with all things that you can't quite explain scientifically.

Unknown said...

I did yoga once. The "teacher" said we were supposed to find our sanctuary stance. I think it was called that. But she then explained that "everyone's sanctuary stance means something different to everyone. Like my stance means something different to me than yours does to you." and apparently, "your stance meanings can change like all the time...man" I added the man there to reiterate her hippieness.

Dude, yoga pisses me off....

- Dr. Mel

Some additional imagery: Imagine Don doing yoga to enya's cover of Call on Me by Eric Prydz, surrounded by hot hippie chicks interrupted only by the occasional close up shot of that old lady in suggestive poses and whenever the camera pauses on her, they cut to Don cringing and sometimes convulsing. Oh yeah, that was totally my sanctuary stance meaning!

Will said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Will said...

lets try that again

I Duz Yoga Ta Relax