Monday, August 06, 2007

Why We Blog, part 1

Everybody has a first post. Every first post is the same. "Well, I guess I have a blog now. I'm going to write about bicycles and politics and things that amuse me... maybe kittycats. I hope you like it."

We set out with such noble goals, but do we meet them? I suppose nobody's strayed so far from their first post that they aren't writing about training and elections and kittycats. Still, within each blog there is a subtle, traceable change over time. If you read carefully, if you really invest in that blog, you notice that trend. It's safe to say that most people don't invest that much in any blog but their own, and that's okay.

So, having written that first post just like everyone else, I'll dedicate the next post, the 159th post here at theninjadon, to trying to figure out where this blog has wound up.

That may have come across with an air of finality. Don't worry. You can't get rid of me that easily.

For now, my friends, it is time for sleep. Tomorrow morning I'll be waking up early to ride my bike. While I'd love to continue this train of thought while it's fresh, the priorities have not changed, and the blogging is still secondary to the bicycling.

3 comments:

Cara said...

there is nothing wrong with writing about kittycats.

Will said...

I remember when your blog was only *this* tall. He was such a cutie pie back then. Now my little boy's all grown up and done made his momma so proud.

Flanimal said...

my favorite reading material on the web comes from the mind of a ninja.