Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Blog by Proxy

One of my best friends has a mediocre blog. Sometimes he waxes eloquent, and sometimes he posts under the assumption that people want to read his gym schedule.

Mark's my friend, and I read every word of it.

I also spoke with him every day via the interwebs, or by phone if necessary. More often than not, the conversations were less about substance and more about pun-based oneupmanship. Still, it was a very comfortable routine.

Now Mark is in boot camp, en route to a commission in the United States Armed Forces. Instead of debating politics with me, he's crawling under barbed wire. Instead of commiserating about the womens, he's rappelling down 5-story walls. It is with the utmost selfishness that I say, I want my friend back!

Fortunately, the Army frowns upon blogging in one's free time. Mark's clever workaround is to pen letters to me, which I then post to his blog. Not only does this keep me appraised of my friend's progress, but it also lets him continue his very-therapeutic blog authorship. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that the quality of his blog has increased substantially now that he's going on daily adventures.

You should read it...
www.unlikelysoldier.blogspot.com

No comments: