Saturday, November 03, 2007

Confessions of a Party Pooper

I don't like Halloween.

There, I said it.

Cobbling together costume that involves growing a beard and using clothes I already own is the limit of my "holiday" spirit.

Two years ago, I dressed as one of the more popular professors in the department. I wore torn shorts, a dress shirt, and a beard.

Last year, I was running a costume contest at a party, so the bar was set a little higher. I went as one of my labmates, wearing a red hoodie, shorts, mismatched socks, and a wig to complete the illusion.
The contest involved a prize: an Ipod.
This year, I went as Ryan from The Office, which means I wore a jacket and a beard. To do anything more, on a day that celebrates girls dressed like prostitutes and guys dressed like girls, seems silly. It's a holiday of hiding... and I'm far too awesome to hide.

Bah, humbug.

1 comment:

Sal said...

ha ... i missed that first professor costume. I'm assuming it was doc shinz?