Thursday, March 06, 2008

Granogue is Nigh: An Open Letter to Jay #1

Dear Jay,

Registration for Granogue (the MTB race, not the cyclocross race) opens on Monday. The race is May 3. The suffering will start at 9am.

It is on, Jay. It is so on.

There are other races going on that day, I guess. We'll cheer/feed Charlie, of course, and any other Rutgers racers who aren't riding the sport class. But oh, Jay, the Sport Singlespeed race... this will be our Waterloo, our Gettysburg... nay, our Armageddon. Let this be the ultimate battle between Good and also-Good.

May 3, Jay. May 3. Yes.

Love,
Don

4 comments:

Will said...

Nobody but the local pot dealer could be considered a winner when it comes to mountain bike racing.

Don said...

the irony is that you'd probably be a really good mountain biker, especially on the courses around NJ with short sprinty climbs

Hardtail For Life said...

And I was gonna move up to expert this year...oh well, guess I'll whoop yer but this year in the sport class (rumor has it that I've been training).

CaptainChaz said...

How about both of you guys moving up to expert?

You don't want to get stale doing the sport thing year after year.

Jay, you're ready, don't let Don drag you down. Don... you've taken up the challenge of moving to the Bs this year in collegiate road racing, why not try to jump into an expert race? Plus, you have actually been riding your MTB.

I'll see both of you at the start line, and after I finish my cooldown and eat a pulled-pork sandwich, I'll see you at the finish line.

Apologies, trash talk is not my native language.