Sunday, March 16, 2008

Imaginary Bar

The Tiger's Tale does not exist.

Erik told us he'd be DJing a Karaoke night at the Tiger's Tale in Montgomery. He also told us there would be prizes. He further suggested that his regulars from the Harvest Moon might be given a head-start, if you know what I mean. A little shortcut to the prizes. A little testosterone patch on the undercarriage.

I honestly didn't care about the prizes... I wanted a story for the blog! Maybe there would be South Jersey hillbillies? Perhaps some delightfully exotic beers, or really talented Karaokeists? Would there be a brawl a la Road House?

At the very least, I'd get out of the apartment. Saturday evening TV is about as stimulating as ... well, actually, it's about as low on the totem pole as you can get. Sunday morning's wakeup would be early for the Princeton race, but since when do I sacrifice one good time for another? Balance, as they say.

Getting to Montgomery was easy. Finding the bar was impossible. I drove from Princeton to Hillsborough and back; no dice. For 45 minutes, I circled Montgomery, never finding the damn Tiger's Tale.

Therefore I conclude that the Tiger's Tale does not exist.

I didn't want to go to your stupid non-Thursday Karaoke anyway, Erik. You big jerk.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Don,

Not only does it exist, but you passed it many times on your circle tour of Montgomery.

Call me next time you get lost.

xoxo

Andy

Unknown said...

You are obviously one of those grand species of man that cannot stop and ask for directions.
Any of the gas stations or convenience stores in your circle would have been glad to help.