Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yarrrr

Tonight was Beers and Noble night. Every Tuesday, we go to the Barnes and Noble at the Menlo Park Mall for an hour or two, then finish off the night with a beer at the Fox and the Hound. Beers and Noble. It's clever.

It was just me and the Bearded one tonight. When she got eye-molested by an older gentlemen, we left our usual coffee-area hangout to wander the stacks. This led us to the music department.

Did you know that Barnes and Nobles music departments have the techmology to let you listen to clips of tracks from CDs? Just scan the CD in one of their little doohickey devices, and just like that, you're listening to Hall and Oates... or whomever.

Unfortunately, each CD was at least $12. We spent 15 minutes perusing their wares, and given a blank check, I could easily have spent a few hundred dollars. I do not have a blank check.

Therefore, I hereby resolve to pirate as much music as possible in the next few months. I'm not sure how... perhaps some kind soul will enlighten me? A gold doubloon to the first scurvy dog to bring me musical bounty.

And that's enough pirate jokes.

First order of song-stealing business: Polyphonic Spree.

3 comments:

josh said...

www.ruckus.com

you're welcome.

Milky Manchester said...

The Polyphonic Spree? Welcome to the year 2002, buddy!

Ben said...

"Beers and Noble. It's clever."

Nice.