Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wrap


You may wonder, what the hell am I looking at? It's the wrapping paper from one of my brother's graduation gifts. Cutely enough, it is internet themed. I can't get enough. It's designed so well, with a checkerboard pattern interweaving emoticons (the smiley faces) with lolspeak (thanx, brb, and so on).

It gets better, though, much better. If we simply pan over, we find tiles that just don't make any sense.


Allow me to point out some highlights... Along with a few lols and ttyls, there are such internet classics as "www.", ".net", and of course "@". Less striking, but no less amusing, is the entire row consisting entirely of "email". While we're at it, what the hell kind of emoticon is "[ ]"?

GI Mark is the originator of one of my favorite inside jokes, wherein we would make spastic typing movements and half-shriek "MEGAPIXELS" or "TXT" or some other technology-related gibberish. Someone has unwittingly done us the great service of converting the joke into a sheet of wrapping paper, for which I am eternally in their debt... the best sort of debt, the sort that is quite impossible to collect.

P.S. I just figured out "bcnu". It's not an acronym like "lol" or "fyi". Instead, you have to read it out loud, like "l8er". Does anybody even use this one?

1 comment:

Mandy said...

that iz teh awesome!