Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Aaah, Real Monster!

For a while there, I was scared of my basement. Oh, by the way, I have a basement now... how cool is that? Fat lot of good a basement is when you're too scared to even set foot in it.

You see, there is a monster living in my basement. It is named Grendel, and it goes bump in the night.

99% of the time, it is content to just sit at the bottom of its tank and, well, sit. When Grendel wants out, though, Grendel gets out, and the sound of scrambling claws pierces one's very soul.

I have never won a staring contest with Grendel. Then again, Grendel may not have eyelids. Let's call it a push.

Over time, Grendel and I have reached a mutual understanding, and perhaps even a mutual respect. It will never try to eat me, so long as I never venture within chomping-range. In exchange, I have agreed to continue going about my business, because nothing I do can perturb Grendel in the slightest.

Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time ever on camera, I give you...
GRENDEL!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOM NOM NOM NOM

Mandy said...

it looks like you keep him in a toilet bowl. wtf? don't piss off the p.e.t.a. people.