Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Very Important Business Meeting

I have a casual meeting today tomorrow with a professor. I'm going to show him what my research looks like, with a brief rundown of the deliverables and the results so far. Relatively simple stuff, but I'm taking it pretty seriously.

This is the sort of meeting you want to knock out of the park. The underlying motive here is "get the professor to sit on my committee", which means I need to convince him that I'm not worthless.

Will is therefore not invited to this meeting.

If the professor is unimpressed, it's not the end of the world. There are plenty of fish in the sea, if by fish we mean tenured professors with reputable contacts throughout academia. It wouldn't be the end of the world to be denied... but in a way, it would be the beginning if I wasn't.

Big things are heading this way, here in the world of the ninja that is Don. It's and exciting and scary and nauseatingly important summer for me... so, enough writing about it. Time now to go over the slides again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't be surprised if I confetti trap the door to the meeting room.