Friday, September 05, 2008

I wash my hands of this election

I know who I'm voting for.

You know who you're voting for.

Let's leave it that and never ever talk about it again.

It might be fun to have a level-headed chat about the candidates' platforms, but we both know that's not going to happen.

You've chastised me for not immediately agreeing that it's a shame that women like Sarah Palin exist. You've tried to convince me that Obama's exotic name makes him a Muslim sleeper agent.

It makes you sound ignorant and small, when in fact I know that's not the case.

Nobody - okay, very very few of you - have demonstrated the capacity or willingness to talk about the issues. At best, you've just not talked about the election at all... and that's a good thing.

So good a thing is this discussion-avoidance that I hereby adopt it as my new policy.

So that's it. No more election talk. At all. Let it be the 800 lb gorilla in the room, I don't care. We're not talking about it.

And that's that.

4 comments:

Adam Szczepanski said...

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Anonymous said...

This is the most sensible thing I've read about the election this year.

The whole thing is one big media kerfuffle where some unqualified talking heads with no real contribution to offer society make stupid comments about size of candidate X's left pinky nail and the tendency of candidate Y to prefer waffle cones over sugar cones. It drives me to unprecedented levels of apathy.

Hardtail For Life said...

I'm voting for Barry O'Bama...no longer that terrorist Barack Obama. See, a cool nickname and an apostrophe change him from a threat to a drunk Irishman.

Sal said...

We can't even post funny Jon Stewart clips about the election?