Thursday, September 11, 2008

Under Deconstruction

I think this is meant to be a biting send-up of blogging...

...but to me, it's more. True, sometimes blogging simply serves as a public diary, as a scrapbook by which I'll someday recall my youthful wanderings... as a record of what has already been.

Other times, the blog is the rabbit to my greyhound, the carrot at the end of my stick. Knowing that I'm going to have some good material about which to write serves as the incentive I need to get off my lazy ass and look for some adventure.

My roommate sent me the above comic as a figurative elbow-in-the-ribs. Instead, she's reminded me that maybe the reason I've encountered a bit of writer's block is that I've been too one-dimensional (woo, research!). I need to get out of the lab, out of the apartment, maybe even (gasp!!!) out of Central Jersey.

Not yet, though. There are a few dozen pages of manuscript yet to be revised.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

write something, damnit! until then, i have resorted to comedy central links and the occasional mention of backcombed hairstyles of the future defeated running mate of john mccain.
oops, made a political statement.
now counter it and blog, damnit!