Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Pavlov's ID

I walked up to the folding table, or rather to the hand-written S-Z on white printer paper that was taped to the folding table under a big binder. Smiling at the old man seated behind the table, I told him my last name, and he flipped to my page.

He showed me where to sign my name, and as I took the pen, he asked to see my ID. So I reached for my wallet and pulled out my USA Cycling license.

The old man looked at me quizzically, and I blinked hard. I was not registering for a bike race, but checking in to vote!

Please tell me that I'm not the only idiot cyclist who did this today?

Bonus points if you asked what side the numbers go on.

3 comments:

Cara said...

in NC they can't ask to see ID. i did get asked for the first time ever if I was related to Christina applegate... (no)

CaptainChaz said...

Don, it may be time for an intervention.

But don't worry, we'll be back to the usual routine on Sunday,

Charlie

Hardtail For Life said...

I was not asked for ID, but the elderly (blind?) woman (who was comparing my two signatures) asked if my father and I were brothers...No, he is 30 years older than me, thank you.