Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Conundrum

My entire athletic history has capitalized on my capacity to get angry. I played soccer most aggressively after a foul went un-called. I ran with fierce purpose when my teenage body produced its teenage hormones and made me feel like a teenager. I ride beyond my limitations when I am - or think I am - the victim of some great transgression.

Exercise is my go-to catharsis.

Now I'm faced with a wonderful problem. For months now, I've been happy. In fact, for the past few weeks, I've been downright joyful. Even when things don't go perfectly, my spirits are high, and I am a happy, happy man.

What the hell? How am I supposed to race now?

90% of the above sentences have been first-person. "I", or a contraction thereof, occurred 10 times, accounting for 8.5% of all words. Add in the 6 "my"s and a "me", and the egocentrism-ometer reaches 14.5%, which is pretty ridiculous.

Who cares?! Join me in celebration of my good mood... or go read some other blog.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

bravo to the ninja. glad you're happy!
oh, and remember this feeling. there might come a day when you channel the energy previously allocated for racing into something else. it's a strange day. it's like a phantom limb afterward.
(and this is not to say that you don't do anything worthwhile NOW...you so do!)
xoxoxoxo!
your big sister