Friday, February 20, 2009

Overabundance

There is a pretty fast turnover in residents in my apartment, usually about a year or two. People come, and people go, but their spices never leave. Who packs spices when they move? Nobody, that's who.

So my roommates and I have a lazy susan full of spices, none of which we bought. Luckily, we all have the same philosophy of cooking: Damn the recipes, full speed ahead. Adding flavor is as easy as hunting through the spice cabinet for something that sounds cool. As in, "Ooh, is that ginger in the back corner? That could work!"

We try not to think too much about how old the mystery spices are... 'cause spices don't go bad, do they?

Anyway, as a precursor to inventorying the contents of the spice rack, I took a quick glance. Here is what I found.

Why, oh why, would we ever need this much cinnamon?

5 comments:

Will said...

Sounds like it's time for you and the roomies to take THE CINNAMON CHALLENGE.

ntw said...

Dude, J and I will take care of that cinnamon for you. We tear through that stuff.

Also, come ride mountain bikes with me sometime soon.

Hardtail For Life said...

Spices don't go bad. They lose their potency. 1 teaspoon becomes 1 tablespoon after a while.

MB said...

When we cleaned out my parent's house, they had nine bottles of cinnamon, and I think 3 or 4 were opened. . .

Andy said...

I'm with Will on this one. CINNAMON CHALLENGE!!!!!