Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Rejected Letter of Intent

In my professional communications with other science-y people, I have to keep the tone professional and science-y. There's a time and a place for cheeky language, and both are entirely contained in this blog.

It has not been uncommon for me, in these past few months of constant writing, to generate an idea that I love, but that is not at all suitable for advancing my career. Like this one, they only belong on the blog.

theninjadon.blogpost.com: where fun ideas that wouldn't advance my career come to die.

Here's my latest well-deserved act of self-censorship:
"I'd like to start a discussion about potential research projects, about how your lab is organized, and about my many, many skills and qualifications."
It really would have fit well in that letter, if only I wasn't actually trying to get the job.

No comments: