Saturday, January 27, 2007

My Man-Crushes, episode 1

Let me tell you something about my angry vegan friend.

First of all, he's not actually angry. If anything, he's a bit emo, but angry? Nah. He got that name because of this picture...
it was reinforced by this picture...

As for the vegan thing... it turns out he is actually vegan. This has resulted in such hilarity as:
  • being told, by a very earnest fan, "you're fast for a vegan"
  • HardtailJay and Ted convincing SmilinKyle that this vegan eats bacon
  • violent reactions from omnivores who read the recipes on his blog
This dude is enlightened. You can't read that many books and not be. Maybe that's why he's a vegan; All of that reading has elevated him to some higher plane - you know, spiritually - where the animals and peoples and also animal byproducts frolic together. He really does read ungodly amounts of literature, though, and it comes through in conversation.

Sometimes I feel dumb when all I can do is respond "you Kant expect me to believe that!" Then I decide it's clever, not dumb, and I move on.

Have I mentioned that this guy basically runs the Rutgers team?

Also, through the powers of clean living, daily bicycle-pedaling, and possibly devil worship, my boy has lost about 100 lbs. That's 42% of an angry vegan. Photographic evidence:

2001

2006

Respect.

You may be wondering, "who is this magical, manly man?"

I'll tell you who he isn't. He's not the wolverine.

2 comments:

TheJenksster said...

Best. Post. Evar.

ntw said...

Thanks bro.