Tuesday, February 27, 2007

mini-rant and good quote

I got a haircut today, finally. This is the 2nd haircut in a row in which I was trapped in a seat, sharp objects swirling about my head, by a hairdresser bent on keepingme entertained.

Thanks, but no thanks! This isn't a Harlem barbershop (oh man, did that come across all wrong?), and I'm not here for the social interaction... I'm here for a simple haircut. There is no need to ask me questions, nor is there any need to tell me about yourself.

I cannot stress this enough: I DON'T CARE. Not about you, not about your opinions, not about your hopes and dreams. Please let me sit in peace.

In short, today I spent 20 minutes being lectured about the different options I have with regard to leave-in conditioner, as well as the potential benefits to my hair and scalp. There are very few things about which I care less, almost all of which are actually televised on C-SPAN, MTV, and Lifetime.

On the plus side, now I look gooood.

--------------------------------------------------------

In an unrelated story, AngryMark and I have been talking about residual cyclocross fitness... can one be a decent sprinter without having done much sprint-work, based simply on the work done all through 'cross season? Well, I happen to know someone who races 'cross and does well in crits (not Jenks). I shot an email to Mike Cody of Team JellyBelly (formerly of Fiordifrutta). We talked about fitness and workouts, but we also talked about the head game and my apprehension about pack cornering.

His response was awesome:
"you can race cross, so you can corner, end of story."
sweet.

4 comments:

ntw said...

listen to Cody.


Go fast.

Unknown said...

Dude. Not cool. Don't rip on MTV (or, as some of us would refer to it, 'the MTZ').

Anonymous said...

Does anyone else find it ironic to see a blog post about not caring about the opinions of others?

Don said...

chaz, you are usually far more clever than this. feeling a little tired?