Thursday, March 08, 2007

Unbefreakinglievable

I finally found video footage from 'cross World Championships. Not all of it, but just the part where the world went all topsy-turvy. I'm thrilled that Jon Page made the podium, but if it hadn't been for these few moments, the drama of the race would've unfolded very differently.

I'm going to avoid opining about what "should" have happened. I don't care if Wellens' lawsuit happens, of if he wins it. Should Page feel less deserving of his success? Should Vervecken have an asterisk next to his name? I don't care.

What I do care about is the stupidity of the course setup. How is this even possible? How far up your colon does your head have to be to design a course where this can happen? Poor show, Hooglede-Gits.

2 comments:

TheJenksster said...

As an elite cyclist, Wellens should know how to fall better. You absolutely do not put your hands out.

I may not be fast but I sure as hell crash better than the pros!

Don said...

very good point, i hadn't noticed that. in fact, upon further review, nys does the same thing.