Saturday, April 21, 2007

I Support Team Slipstream

As a fan of bike racing in general, it's hard to have a favorite team... I want the most exciting, most aggressive rider to win, and I don't care what sponsor is on his kit.

Still, sometimes a team does something ballsy to set itself apart. Ballsy like enacting an expensive, unprecedented anti-doping policy. Ballsy like running two teams, domestic and Euro, and being aggresors in their races. Ballsy like wearing Argyle kits.
photo courtesy Cyclingnews.com/Jonathan Devich

So, I'm a bit of a fan. I also like Quickstep... but I'm not going to go out and buy whatever it is that Quickstep is selling. Maybe in a worst-case scenario I'll be using Predictor's product, but I don't really like Robbie McEwen or Leif Hoste.

Slipstream, as it happens, isn't a sponsor; Slipstream is the team's owner. I can't buy their product, because their product is the team. What I can do is buy the presenting sponsor's product...

Team Slipstream, presented by Chipotle. I support them, because I eat their burritos. I suggest you do the same.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Bike racing + yummy burritos = best things ever. EVER. Their kits also have argoyle patterns. I think I am getting too excited...

Cara said...

quickstep is expensive european flooring, that can be found in the states but not everywhere; and expensive for most bike racers and probably more so for phd students...

argyle kicks arse though.