Monday, April 23, 2007

Veni, Vidi, Vivimus et Vincemus

Sweet, I just gave this post a title that a half-dozen people will understand, and maybe three will get the joke. Perhaps only one will know that at its core, the title is an incredibly obscure shot at a man named Fluffy.

My time in Cleveland was short but sweet. I got to hit Chipotle with BJO as soon as I arrived, then went with BJO, Nick, Cac, and Rob to McNulty's and Paninis (two of the "hot spots" of Cleveland's collegiate bar scene). I'd forgotten how dead the Cleve is; on its worst week, Harvest Moon still has two or three times as many people on a Thursday night.

I woke up early on Friday, because for some reason Case BME's seminars are all at 8:30. So glad to be graduated. My advisor was kind enough to recognize my contribution, which sort of lent me some much-needed credibility through the rest of the day. We did the lab-tour thing, we got blindsided by a lunchtime journal club, and we met with some of my old profs. Good times.

Ran with Rob in the afternoon... since when does Cleveland have nice weather? The pace was a little faster than the jogs in Florida with my 14 year old cousin, but the Florida jogs were characterized by a whole lot less whining. Just saying.

After dinner at the Wink (mmm, burgers and Chimay), I was walking past Paninis and saw somebody's commuter bike: Javelin 'cross bike, full Dura Ace, Bontrager Race Lites with Mud 2 tires. Some people have too much money.

After a sweet insurance-lowering seminar on Saturday (I got a Junior Firefighter sticker and watched a tub of burning propane), I hit the gym with Beardo and Dennhardt. Beard has made impressive progress towards his goal of being a lean mean facial-hair-growing machine, and Dennhardt's sister is still hot. I spent the rest of the day preparing a presentation for Tuesday's class, then stopped by the 24-Hour Softball Tournament, where I had the pleasure of catching up with a lot of old friends.

At one point on Saturday, I found my frat-life mingling with my grad-life. Via the magic of the interwebs, the following conversation took place:
PhiPsiSean: "I'm going to spend all night working the grill"
Don: "Aren't you vegetarian? How are you BBQ-Guy?"
Sean: "I volunteered for the irony... in fact, I'm probably going to have a couple of burgers tonight"
Don: "Why?"
Sean: "Right now, I'm sorta more poor than vegetarian"
[Don conveys this conversation to AngryMark]
Mark: "Tell your friend that I'm going to punch him in the face"
[Don is not sure if NTW was kidding or not...]

All in all, I give the weekend a thumbs up. Overall highlight: Phi Psi Burgers! If you've never had them, then you don't even know...

1 comment:

ntw said...

I was kidding.

Jeebus!