Friday, June 08, 2007

Damn my lack of foresight

Last night, on my way out the door, I looked at my camera and thought, "Nah. I've posted too many photos to the blog recently. I don't want to be that guy at the bar tonight".

And then Will brought tears (of laughter) to my eyes when he sang a Michael Jackson song, even stealing some girl's fedora to complete the effect.

And then Jenks went a little crazy with the Weezer.

And then Jenks went a little crazy.

The apocalypse is nigh.

It's weird coming from Mexico back to the US. More accurately, coming from El Squid Roe back to Harvest Moon. From Sol and Pacifico to Belgian Witbier and British Nut Brown. From Pablo the Substitute Pimp to Milky Manchester the KJ. It's a complete paradigm shift, necessitating an entirely different mindset.

Things I miss, in no particular order:
  • "If you're from the East Coast, the West Coast, the Midwest, the Dirty South, Texas, New Jersey, L.A., make some noise!!!"... jeez, Pablo, why've you gotta leave out Colorado?
  • Negotiating the fare for the cab ride home
  • The geriatric women of Cabo Wabo and their devotion to Sammy Hagar
  • The omnipresence of whistles
  • "Chiclet? Chiclet? Chiclet?" No thank you, four year old child, and shouldn't you be asleep?
  • "Want some weed? Want some blow? Want some Mexican ladies? Why not, you gay?"
  • Hagen-Dazs in bulk
  • Santa the Drunken Homeless Radiologist and his opinions on life

No comments: