Friday, June 08, 2007

Um... whaa?

Tomorrow is the Watermelon Crit, a race put on by the Highland Park Hermes Squadron of Much Awesomeness. The course is the same was the Rutgers Classic Crit course, or rather vice versa. 3 turns, a big-ring hill, downhill finish.

The Hermutgers 4/5 crew will be out in force, including cameos by alumni Tedward and DanFlan. We own this course. We have the numbers. Shit is ON.

I haven't ridden my bike since that Sunday with Mandy (so pro). Today I did openers on the crit course. That's 12 days of not-bike. Expectations were low.

And yet I had the good sensations. Not great, but sure as hell good. I know my job for tomorrow (best not to go into detail, lest I give away the plan!), and riding that stretch of course at speed felt sorta okay!

So again, I say... whaaa?

No comments: