Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekend Wrapup

So the Watermelon Crit came and went. Meh. Extra respect, however, is due to the following people:
  • Dave Kim, for spending 10-to-go through 5-to-go at the front, working like a dog (dawg?) to keep the attacks in check.
  • BeastMasterChris, for staying upright even when the idiot in front of him locked up his brakes through the 2nd turn and took him onto the grass.
  • CaptainChaz, for coordinating (or at least attempting to) the leadout train with 2 to go.
  • FlantasticDan, for riding the crit like a crit racer. Welcome back to the world of elbows-out.
Charlie and I went for a MTB ride (with Ricardo, whose glasses broke before I got a chance to get any riding in) in the Livingston Preserve, intending to do an easy cruise. Well, Charlie's easy is definitely not easy for me, especially when he's trying to test the durability of his new tubless tires by bombing every turn. Luckily, I was able to refuel rather nicely at the Hermutgers BBQ at Tom's house. Mmmmmburgers.

Yesterday, though, was the big money day, watching the USPro - or whatever it is called now - race. Jenks and Mark have already described most of it, and Craig doesn't have a blog but he'd probably echo their sentiments. I will, however, add one story (to which Jenks has alluded but that I will explain in glorious detail)

So we're riding on Diamond Street in North Philadelphia, through some less-than-opulent neighborhoods. Jenks is riding in his Hermes kit, and I'm festooned in the truly badass, always stylish Rutgers kit. Rolling up to a red light, we hear a girl's voice shout "Nice ass!!!"

Awesome... but who's the young lady referring to? Jenks has a nice enough bottom, I suppose, but my ass is world-renowned as excessively nice. Fortunately, the girl clarified a few seconds later... "Nice ass, red!"

I'll admit, I immediately started to gloat. Jenks had been putting the hurt on me for 60+ miles at this point, so I felt like I was due a little vengeance. My swagger, however, was cut short. Sitting on a stoop at the corner was an elderly lady who was quick to point out, "Naw, them asses is FLAT!!!"

drat.

2 comments:

megA said...

AHHHHHHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!

that is some funny shit!

is it bad if i like it when dudes in cars yell "nice tits" as they drive by?

i feel so dirty and non-feminista, yet good. . .

Mark said...

I'm sorry but you don't have a motor in the back of that honda