Tuesday, July 10, 2007


All Your Spoilers are Belong to Us


Poor Jenks. All he wants to do is watch the rerun of the day's Tour de France stage when he gets home. If you can't watch it live, at least you can watch it as if it were live, by simply avoiding cycling-related websites that might spoil the ending.

It's tough. I would compare it to Odysseus, lashed to the mast and listening to the Siren's call. Except Jenks isn't lashed to the mast. In fact, the websites are only a click away, and I'm sure that to some degree, every day involves some internal negotiations... "I just want to know who won, I don't need to read about the details".

Days like today must be really tough for him. One person asks "where can I get live coverage of the Tour", and next thing you know there are emails flying around like:
  • "The ending is SICK!!"
  • "It's pretty amazing to see the
    power in his seated attack!"
  • "Holy crap!"
No, nobody told him who won, or what made this one of the most exciting final 10k I've ever seen. But damn, guys, this must be killing him! We should ease off, if only out of pity.

1 comment:

TheJenksster said...

Whatever, I didn't read any Hermes garbage past the email I sent.