Tuesday, July 10, 2007


You can't spell Oratorial without Oral, kinda


I'm a decent engineer, but by no means am I the engineer to end all engineers (clearly that's Jenks). Similarly, I can fake my way through a toast or a presentation, but I'm no Chamberlain (Neville, not Wilt).

You know what? I'm not going to describe today's presentation, except to tell you that my audience was 6th-9th graders and my topic was Limb Control. There's no video record of my talk, there are no witnesses in the audience to corroborate any claims I might make, and frankly, it's boring to write "I'm awesome".

Seriously, though, I'm awesome.

How awesome, you ask? To demonstrate the non-linearity of the dynamics and control of the elbow joint and the non-intuitiveness of joint stiffness control (yawn), I got a volunteer to do The Robot.

My presentation involved doing The f'in Robot. You wish you were there.

1 comment:

TheJenksster said...

Did you seriously just call me an engineer?

You are dead to me.