Monday, July 16, 2007

Are You There, God? It's Me, NinjaDon

Yes, it was a reference to Judy Blume and her preteen-girls' coming-of-age opus. Yes.

There's a great article about religion that I've read a few times now. It is a good read, and I recommend it:

Bloom, Paul. "Is God an Accident?" Atlantic Montly, 296(5): 105-112, Dec 2005"

I'm posting this link knowing that there are people in my audience whose faith is important to them. Believe me, the purpose of this isn't to try to shake your faith, nor do I ever intend to do that, in person or in blog.

So, indulge me. Suspend your religious beliefs - temporarily, of course. Then read the article, which asks the question: why does every people, from the Far East to the Amazon Basin to Vatican City, have a belief system that includes something supernatural?

more later...

No comments: