Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Girl-Crush

I know you were expecting a man-crush post, but the truth is that a Y chromosome isn't a prerequisite for my respect. Indeed, there are a few women whose indomitable spirits and lack of utter vapidity more than make up for what can only be described as their gender's estrogen-induced psychosis. The very existence of these women, whose ranks include Ms. Joan of Arc, the perennially sexy Madeline Albright, and Dr. Pamela Anderson, Ph.D., suggests that there may be more to the female species than reproductive organs and a fondness for karaoke singers. They may actually have souls.

Alicia definitely has a soul. I mentioned a while back that my coach has a sugar-mama... well, Alicia's that lucky lady. She is so cool that her dissertation defense included the use of 3-D glasses. She is so badass that she races cyclocross (need I say more?).

You may wonder what has prompted this post. What has Alicia done that's so crush-worthy, since abandoning her team and absconding to another time zone in pursuit of sugar-mamahood?

She has gone to an oil rig off the coast of Africa. She has climbed to the very top of the tallest tower, hundreds of feet above shark-infested water. She has run thousands of laps on a helipad to stay in shape.

Alicia, you are my hero...
...even though your husband is trying to kill me

No comments: