Monday, October 01, 2007

Thursay thru Saturday: A Photographic Review

This week was great... too great. There were so many good stories, so many triumphs and adventures and anecdotal evidences of awesomeness, that it is impossible to keep up as a text-based blogger. Still, the memories must be preserved for posterity, because the possibility that we might forget this week is simply unacceptable.

I'll try my best to make do with clever captioning.

Thursday Night: Karaoke Night. Enough said.

Karaoke Night hit unprecedented,
near-dangerous levels of entertainment.
Will, Stacey, and Aaron bust a move.


As per usual, Jenks left everything out on the field
for Video Killed the Radio Star.


I, too, did my best to provide my eager audience
with the excitement they so crave.
It was a successful endeavor.


When Stacey and Heidi took the mike for Genie in a Bottle,
Will did an interpretive dance, as would any heterosexual man.


Friday night: Carbo-loading has never been so easy. Heidi prepared a meal for all of Saturday's racers, with enough pasta to feed a small army... which we are.

The camera couldn't capture all of the attendees,
nor could it demonstrate how delicious the dinner was.

Saturday: The team rolled out of Highland Park at 6:30am, getting to Elmer, NJ in plenty of time to prepare for a smackdown of epic proportions at the Hillbilly Hustle cyclocross race. In the C's, Todd won his first race ever in his first ever 'cross race, and the men of Rutgers put on an impressive display of go-fastitude.

The B racers went wild on the sidelines, then did our own thing later that day; Mark got an impressive 7th, with Jenks moving up into 11th after a slow start and a bunch of crashes. I was happy with my race, let's leave it at that.

A month without racing has deprived me of my ability
to wake up before 6am. I was grumpy.
(I realize that you train at 5am everyday, and I don't care)


DK, on the other hand, had as much
savoir-faire and derring-do as ever.


Todd (left) clears the barriers on the first lap.
This is the last time he would be in not-first.

What a fantastic predicament... Too many great stories, and not enough days in the week to blog them all.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I like that the photo of the team dinner captures me obviously telling some horrific tale as both Don and Jay have their heads in their hands.