Friday, September 14, 2007

Ya Got PIRGed, part 1

I try to keep things fresh here at TheNinjaDon. No matter how good an idea may be, nobody wants to see it rehashed, over and over and over again. Truly, there is nothing sadder than watching accomplished writers thrashing away at the keyboard, trying to squeeze the last breaths out of a stale, dying joke.

It was with great reluctance that I contemplated posting about the University bureaucracy, almost as great as the reluctance that I had going into the whole ordeal. The tuition needed to be paid, though, and so I ventured back into the belly of the beast.

First, I had to choose between the incredibly long line in the Student Finances Office and the noticeably shorter line in the Student Accounting Office. What the crap is the difference between Finances and Accounting? For the love of god, don't answer that.

Obviously, I chose the shorter line. The shorter, slower line. As I waited, and waited, and waited for my turn, I promised myself that if it turned out that I'd chosen incorrectly, I wouldn't scream. Nobody likes a lunatic.

The smiling, matronly woman who walked me back to her cubicle was as amused by my sense of humor as I am, and she was more than pleased to tell me about her children when I asked about the photo on her wall. (Now, I am as surprised by this as you are; I'm an engineer, not a "people person", and it's well-established that I hate pretty much everyone who isn't me)

Perhaps it was because of this instant camaraderie that my new friend Janet decided to warn me about PIRG.

to be continued...

No comments: