Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sweet Soul Music

If you haven't picked up on the recent theme, I've been spending a lot of time in the lab over the past few weeks. In the lab, by myself, late at night. Truly it is a glamorous life I lead!

It's easy to lose focus at times like these. Luckily, I have Pandora. After a few weeks of personalizing the playlists, some patterns have emerged, most of which don't surprise me. Apparently, I like slightly-electronic "indie" music with a hint of folk, as well as pop-punk and a smattering of late-80s rap.

What surprised me most was my fondness for Motown. When I've selected my "Temptations" playlist, the fingers start flying about the keyboard, time flies by, and before I know it the program is complete and the sun is rising.

No, I don't like pulling all-nighters, but it's a small price to pay for software-related success.

The next time you have a big task ahead of you, try listening to the musical stylings of Mr. Arthur Conley:



Enjoy.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

don
i thought we were friends. motown?
good lord

Flanimal said...

Don,
I knew we were friends! Motown!

If you want, I have Arthur Conley's complete discography.

I'll hook you up with some sweet soul music when I come around.

Best,
Dan

Flanimal said...

and mandy,

you can just shut it :P

Mandy said...

dan -
bring it