Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Um... Ouch?

I'm pretty much juggling four projects these days. Of those four, one is all but done, and one is being saved for Summer '08. One is a totally sweet project that I've been working on since August, and one - let's call it The Abyss - is a long story.

Don't worry about the gory details. They may serve to explain my lack of enthusiasm about The Abyss, but mostly they'll just bore you. In short, The Abyss project should have been published in 2006. Now we're redoing it.

So it goes.

Today, I was cc'ed on an email between two of The Abyss' collaborating Principal Investigators. Here are some highlights:

Don has finally finished w/data
First of all, burn on Don? Second of all, no, Don hasn't finished with the data. Don is working on a different, 100% Don-controlled project. It seemed pretty clear from the way things were handled last year that The Abyss isn't exactly a priority, so Don treated it as such. Third of all, seriously? Burn on Don? Really?

we will send results soon
No we won't. Results aren't ready to be sent, and so they won't be sent.
Oh hell, who am I kidding? Of course I'll have the results ready to be sent. It's simply a matter of going sleep-deprived again. I just wish I'd been consulted before my time and energy were promised away.

Deep breath.

Here is how it is: I am my PIs' bitch. I am in the lab at midnight again. I am a PhD student.
Oh well, at least I'm not an undergrad!

4 comments:

Will said...

posted by Don at 11:08 PM

"I am in the lab at midnight again"

I just wish you weren't such a liar.

Old Before I Die said...

there's no way i'm doing your taxes.

Don said...

the "posted" time is when I first started writing. between writing and MATLABing, it took me about an hour to finish. midnight. go to hell.

Will said...

you were home at 11:47. I checked.

I'll go to hell hen you give me back my scissors, Edward Scissorstealers.