Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tying Up Some Loose Ends

Exactly 1 month ago, I posted about PIRG. I discovered its insidious little secret, and I wrote about it here, back in September.

Today, they wrote about it in Rutgers' daily, the Targum.

Let me just point out that I was first. More importantly, I'm not the only one! Vindication! It kinda makes me feel legitimate as a writer... more on that some other time (much, much more).

Also, when I bemoaned a photo of the world's ugliest bicycle back in July, calling it an "unholy bicycle", Clara asked what I would consider a "holy bicycle".

This, Clara, is a holy bicycle:

What makes this bikes so sacred, you ask? It's nice enough, but it's nothing spectacular... or is it? I'll tell you, Clara, what makes this bike a little slice of heaven right here on your screen... the end-caps:
The end-caps are made of Chimay beer bottle caps.

If I had a chance to own this bike, I would build it a temple, with gilded buttresses and stained-glass windows and an altar for animal sacrifice. I would start a cult for this bike, and we'd walk around airports shouting "Chimay Krishna!" and playing tambourines.

In fact, this cult already exists.

Join us.

1 comment:

Andy said...

PIRG stinks, vote no!