Sunday, November 18, 2007

I Hereby Reject Your Dictionary, Sirs

The one good thing to come out of all of the new Facebook apps is my newfound ability to play Scrabble online. I'm always a fan of puzzles, although I'm usually more of a numbers sort of guy. Being able to do this sort of mind-calisthenics at my leisure is a good thing.

I've been a little frustrated by some of the words this game allows. "Moggy" should not be a word, nor should "vesta" or "quin" or "mabe" [upon further inspection, it seems that "vesta" and "moggy" are obscure british slang, "quin" is slang for quintuplet, and "mabe" just doesn't exist]. However, all of these words took part in the trouncing of your favorite NinjaDon. I am just too damn competitive to abide such affronts, but if the software allows it, then what can I do?

The software, by the way, is buggy. During my most recent game, I hit "refresh" and suddenly my ten-point Z was replaced by a 1-point A. The Z never reappeared. My heart ached.

Still, I soldiered on with a stiff upper lip and a burning Scrabbly rage. I fought valiantly, until the game dealt me a blow from which my resolve could not recover.

Did you see what it was that finally broke me? Allow me to clarify:

I hereby proclaim unto the blogosphere: Scrabble's dictionary is henceforth null and void. So it shall be posted, so it shall be done.

7 comments:

TheJenksster said...

Try pwn instead

Will said...

or p0wn (with a zero)

Don said...

there are no numbers in scrabble, jurkface. i do not submit your hypothesis for peer-review.

Flanimal said...

Don,

Valid or no, I challenge you to a game.

Hardtail For Life said...

I'm quite glad that pown or any variety there of is null and void. I bet they don't allow "teh" either. Thus proving that both words are retarded and should never be used.

TheJenksster said...

j4y, j00 are teh sux0rs. i will roxen ur boxen and there will be much pwnage!!11!!!1oneonetwo!!11!onehundredandeleventyone!

who peed in your cheetos and mt. dew?

Mandy said...

dude. the LoLcats are screwed if they try to play. i nominte some innerwebz dork to develop LoLcat scrabble!
i am so lame.
see, this is what happens when you subject perfectly intelligent people to demoralizing graduate programs. see see?