Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mark the Sponsorship Guy

Mark is the Rutgers Cycling Team's official Sponsorship Guy, and I'll be damned if he's not amazing at it. I'll even go so far as to say that we're the best-sponsored collegiate team you'll find, with the possible exceptions of all-pro varsity teams and schools whose asses are inexplicably kissed by major media outlets (although I haven't done my homework in this matter, nor will I).

Blah blah blah. Mark's the man. So what?

I hereby propose that we raise the bar. Now that we have a bike and accessory sponsor, helmet and eyewear sponsor, components sponsor, clothing sponsor, nutrition sponsor, coaching sponsor, and shop support, we must ask: What have you done for us lately, Mark?

And just like that, the bar has been raised! Before you graduate - so by 2015, I guess - I expect that the team will be presented by another university. Picture it: Rutgers University Cycling Team, presented by Dartmouth University. Racing for Rutgers on someone else's dime.

It'd be the ultimate coup! I believe in you, Mark. Start making calls.

No comments: