Friday, March 28, 2008

The Legendary Rivalry of Jay and Don - Karaoke Limbo

Karaoke waits for no man. If Karaoke was a vehicle, it would have a bumper sticker that reads "We Brake for Nobody".

If you miss your turn to sing, if you even miss the "going once, going twice..." that DJ Milky Manchester so benevolently affords you, then you're just out of luck. Nothing stops the momentum of Karaoke.

Except for limbo.

On Thursday, after a spontaneous suggestion from one of the quasi-regulars, Karaoke came to a screeching halt. The microphones turned off, the monitors went blank, and a limbo contest ensued. Milky provided the generic Carribean calypso-ish soundtrack from his Ipod. A limbo stick was improvised.

If only there were pictures, but alas there are none.

I'll spare you the narrative, because imagine how it would sound: "As the height of the limbo stick got progressively lower and lower, I found it harder and harder to successfully limbo under it. Eventually, my capacity for limboing under the limbo stick was exceeded by the level to which the limbo stick had been lowered".

The point is, I beat Jay. He fell just one round before I did, but hey, chalk one up in the W column for your hero. Yes, he is a good 3 inches taller than me... but I'm pretty sure our shins are the same length, so we were probably on a level playing field. I win, one to nothing.

Mountain Biking season is going to be so much fun.

No comments: