Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Family Gatherings

Here's the thing about six year olds: Not only are they staggeringly cute...

...but they are also quite portable.

I'm showing you this otherwise-unexceptional photo...

...because it sets this one up so nicely.
When it's time to arrange the by-generation portraits, we get sat down in front of a half-dozen eager photographers. This makes it a little hard to coordinate...
... get with the program, Sol!

I guess the older generation has been fully indoctrinated in the tradition of "Uncle Fred's Family Portraits"... these photos all came out well.

The payoff for our discplined posing has always been, and always will be, the "funny face picture". I'm always amused by the disparity between behaviors in these photos. The older kids actually make funny faces (trust me, Ben is making a funny face somewhere back there), while the younger kids basically scream and try to hit each other...
...or they don't change facial expressions at all.

Finally, for a special treat, I've got this photograph with not one, but both grandmothers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm just the only one who could look simultaniously into all the cameras at once. I'm Super Photograph Man.

Anonymous said...

Thats redundant.

CaptainChaz said...

Excellent monkey face Don. My brother has an excellent one as well; maybe you two can have a showdown in front of Charlotte later this month.

megA said...

Don!

Your family is super cutie!

xo
m