Thursday, August 14, 2008

Equestrian is ... Awesome?

Out of morbid curiosity, I've been watching the Dressage competition on the interwebs. Which is where a person sits on a horse and makes it walk with awkward gait patterns. Which is athletic.

I've been accused by more than a few people of being more than a little negative in my assessments of the Beijing Olympics. That's a fair critique, which I will address forthwith:

There is plenty of good in these Olympics. There is! Not the least of which is Equestrian flippin' Dressage.

Not because of the "horse ballet". Horsies are cute and all, but they're not Olympians.

Dressage is awesome because of one thing: the uniforms.

Morning coats and top hats. Oh hell yes.

You know who else wears sweet-ass morning coats?


You guessed it.

It's not such a logical leap to see what's missing from the above picture. It's a gap for which I don't think I can ever forgive The Cap'n, nor Mrs. The Cap'n.

Top hats and horses, guys. Next time somebody makes me (okay, lets me) wear a morning coat, there'd better be top hats and horsies involved.

Monocles wouldn't hurt either.

No comments: