Tuesday, October 28, 2008

really it's just cold, crystalline steam

It's snowing right now in Central Jersey. Big fat wet flakes of cold miserable snow. I should be beside myself - who doesn't like snow? - but you know what, I'm just not. I should be psyched to get to play in the mud, but I'm not. I should be singing "SNOWSNOWSNOW!!!!1!11!" and setting my facebook status to snow exultation and delighting in the novelty of October snowfall. But I'm NOT.

Maybe I'm a Sour Puss, a Grumpy Gus, even a bit of a Cranky-Lou Retton. Whatever, say I to that. My humbuggery is justified! I'm just not ready for snow yet, not ready to part with the feeling in my fingers and toes, not ready to watch cars pirouette like intoxicated cows on slick asphalt, not ready to hunch my shoulders against the sting of icy wind.

Maybe in December. Maybe. But not yet.

I'm driving up to Massachusetts this weekend, to race both on Saturday and Sunday. The races would be difficult enough at 50 degrees and sunny. New England, though, is not quite known for its comparability to Southern California. It is with this in mind that I put New England on notice:

I am in no mood for your shenanigans, New England. Behave yourself.

Or else.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

boooo! don't remind me that i'm missing the festivities up in no-ham-t. damnit.
give hugs and kisses to myerspace and his harem.

Catch Me If You Can said...

No way man! Let it snow,let it rain, let it be nasty! Embrace the truth in the elements! Cross racer? I hope New England shows its bad side this weekend.