Tuesday, April 07, 2009

All You Can Eat Sushi

My Facebook status tonight was:

All-You-Can-Eat Sushi? Challenge accepted.

(Aside: If I blog about my Facebook status, is that tantamount to Twittering? Tweeting? Someone please help me conjugate my social networking technology.)

So, I had sushi tonight. High-quality sushi, too; nothing but the best for your favorite ninja and his family. If there's anything better than high-quality sushi, though, it's high-quantity.

This was my third plate, before.

This was my third plate, after.
A ghost-town of clamshells and sashimi stains.

And then it was time for dessert.

Best of all, though, is that the good people at Kyojin (who will forever tremble at the sight of me, after the havoc I wreaked on their profit margins) venerated me, their uncontested conqueror. Before I had even scooped my second helping of rice pudding, they had unveiled a sushi named in my honor.
Hint: It wasn't the Unagi

2 comments:

Molly said...

I am both impressed and seriously jealous. I wanted sushi tonight, but vegetarian sushi isn't exactly protein packed, so I had to opt for a different meal.

Will said...

[at the Frying Dutchman, Homer continues to eat everything in sight. The waitstaff look on]

Pimple Faced Kid: [to Captain McAlister] That man ate all our shrimp! And two plastic lobsters!

Captain McAlister: 'Tis no man. 'Tis a remorseless eatin' machine!

Captain McAlister: [He approaches Homer/Marge's table] Six bells! Time for closin'!

Homer: [with mouth full] Can't talk. Eating.

Captain McAlister: Fairly warned be thee, says I!