Saturday, May 16, 2009

Supervillainy


It's not that I don't have a moral compass. I do. Right is right and wrong is wrong, and ne'er the 'twain shall meet. It's just that... good is good, but bad can be great.

I'll stick to good, fine. But I'll do it as an alter ego. You see, your beloved NinjaDon is just actually a cover, distracting you from a prolific, notorious evil-doer.

It's not easy being a doer of evil. People tend to frown upon your life-choices. They look down their noses at your calamitous intent and judge you, harshly. Still, I am what I am.

I'll take Dr. Horrible over Captain Hammer any day. I'll pledge allegiance to The Mighty Monarch before Dr. Venture, too. Hell, I'll even back Gob before Michael.

This week, while watching the season finale of Lost, I drew apalled stares from my fellow viewers with three simple words: "I like Ben".

Lex Luthor always seemed more captivating a character than Superman. Maybe the darkness of the foil allows for more depth. (Coincidentally, I stopped watching Smallville during the first season, when a young Lex Luthor gave an also-young Clark Kent a fencing sword, then said "a good superhero needs a foil.") But cartoons and TV series can only go so far in life.

At last, my search for like-minded supervillains is complete. It has come to my attention that a Ruthless Organization is being organized... ruthlessly. I've signed up. Have you?

1 comment:

forty f15teen said...

Always liked Ben, myself, and Sayid, who also has his darker moments. Though I will say this: the season finale left me feeling for the 3rd or 4th time that LOST has jumped the shark.... again....